You’re craving a delectable Italian dish, but you don’t have time to make homemade gnocchi. No worries! We’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to the best store-bought gnocchi.
Dive into a world of pillowy potato dumplings that are ready to be transformed into a mouthwatering meal. We’ve done the research, so you can sit back and savor every bite without sacrificing taste or quality.
Get ready to discover your new go-to gnocchi brand!
- Imported Italian gnocchi brands include Tuscanini, Di Martino, L’Oro Del Sud, and De Cecco.
- Gnocchi is made with potato and various ingredients like wheat flour and rice flour.
- Gnocchi is not certified gluten-free, but there are gluten-free options available like Whole Foods Market Cauliflower Gnocchi and Sanniti Italian Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi.
- Gnocchi is versatile, pairs well with different sauces, and can be enjoyed by vegetarians. Some customers find the texture gummy or pasty, and there are mixed reviews on taste.
Which is The 10 Best Gnocchi Can Be Store-Bought
When it comes to the best store-bought gnocchi, there are several options worth considering.
Tuscanini Classic Italian Potato Gnocchi offers a traditional taste with its soft and pillowy texture.
Di Martino Mini Gnocchi is perfect for those who prefer smaller bite-sized pieces.
L’Oro Del Sud Potato Gnocchi is known for its rich flavor.
De Cecco Pasta Potato Gnocchi is a reliable choice that cooks up tender and pairs well with various sauces.
Lastly, Aplenty Gnocchi with Tomato and Mozzarella provides a convenient and tasty option for those looking for a quick meal.
10. Tuscanini Classic Italian Potato Gnocchi
You’ll love the Tuscanini Classic Italian Potato Gnocchi as the best option for authentic and delicious Italian potato dumplings. These gnocchi are imported from Italy, ensuring an authentic taste that will transport you to the heart of Tuscany.
Made with low-fat ingredients, these potato dumplings are a healthier alternative to traditional pasta. The Tuscanini Classic Italian Potato Gnocchi are incredibly easy to prepare, requiring just 2-3 minutes of boiling in salted water.
With four servings per container, they’re perfect for meal prep and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways with different sauces.
The convenient packaging ensures that the gnocchi are freshly made and vacuum packed, preserving their taste and texture. Additionally, this product is certified Kosher Parve, catering to specific dietary needs.
Overall, the Tuscanini Classic Italian Potato Gnocchi offer a delightful combination of convenience, authenticity, and flavor.
- 16oz package (3 pack)
- Imported from Italy
- Low fat
- Potato dumpling
- Ready in minutes
- Delicious and authentic Italian taste
- Easy and quick to prepare
- Perfect for meal prep
- Convenient packaging
- Certified Kosher Parve
- Complaint about one pack being unsealed and difficulty in resolving the issue (isolated incident)
9. Di Martino Mini Gnocchi
Di Martino Mini Gnocchi are the top choice for store-bought gnocchi due to their convenient size and mixed reviews on taste.
These mini gnocchi are perfect for a quick and easy meal, as they cook up in just a few minutes. The convenient size also allows for more even cooking and a better texture overall.
However, taste is where opinions differ. Some customers find these mini gnocchi absolutely delicious, with a soft and pillowy texture that pairs well with various sauces.
On the other hand, some customers have mentioned an acidic taste that they found off-putting. Despite the mixed reviews on taste, Di Martino Mini Gnocchi are still a popular option for those looking for a quick and convenient gnocchi option.
- Size: 17.6 ounces
- Ingredients: Mashed Potatoes (32%), Wheat Flour, Potato Starch, Rice Flour, Salt, Acidity Regulator, Natural Flavoring
- Allergen Information: Contains wheat and may contain milk
- No hydrogenated fats or high fructose corn syrup
- No bleached or bromated flour
- Convenient size for quick and even cooking
- Good value for money
- Versatile and pairs well with various sauces
- Mixed reviews on taste, with some customers finding an acidic flavor
- Not suitable for those with dairy allergies or vegans due to potential milk in packaging
8. L’Oro Del Sud Potato Gnocchi
L’Oro Del Sud Potato Gnocchi Italian pasta dumplings are made with potato and cook in just 2-3 minutes, making them a convenient and delicious choice for any meal.
The L’Oro Del Sud brand delivers a high-quality product that’s loved by customers for its taste and packaging.
The L’Oro Del Sud Potato Gnocchi offers several advantages. Firstly, its quick cooking time allows for a fast and easy meal preparation.
Additionally, customers appreciate the great taste and texture of these gnocchi, which are perfect when paired with a variety of sauces. Lastly, the packaging ensures that the product stays fresh and maintains its quality.
However, there are a few drawbacks to consider. Some customers have mentioned a gummy and pasty texture, which may not be to everyone’s liking.
Additionally, those with gluten-free dietary restrictions may need to opt for a different brand, as this gnocchi isn’t certified gluten-free.
- 3 Pack, Gnocchi Potato, Product of Italy
- Pasta Dumplings, Pasta di Patate
- Cooks in 2-3 minutes
- 3 x 1 lb, L’Oro Del Sud
- Quick cooking time
- Great taste and texture
- Gummy and pasty texture for some customers
- Not certified gluten-free
7. De Cecco Pasta Potato Gnocchi
To prepare the best gnocchi, start by following the cooking directions provided for De Cecco Pasta Potato Gnocchi.
This Italian-made gnocchi is made from selected potatoes and wheat flour, resulting in a tasty and versatile product. The gnocchi only takes 2 minutes to cook, making it a quick and convenient option for a delicious meal.
The pasta has a rough surface, allowing sauce to easily stick to it and enhancing the overall flavor.
De Cecco Pasta is known for its exceptional aroma, flavor, and consistency, achieved through their traditional production methods. The pasta is bronze drawn and slowly dried, giving it a great firm texture and an al dente bite.
- Brand: De Cecco Pasta
- Type: Potato Gnocchi
- Size: 17.5 oz (Pack of 4)
- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Made in Italy
- Quick and easy to cook
- Versatile, pairs well with various sauces
- Exceptional aroma, flavor, and consistency
- Rough surface helps sauce stick to it
- Made from selected potatoes and wheat flour
- Short shelf life for some customers
- Price increase over time
- Some customers found it to be typical store-bought gnocchi
6. Aplenty Gnocchi with Tomato and Mozzarella
You can’t go wrong with Aplenty Gnocchi with Tomato and Mozzarella as a store-bought gnocchi option. This 16 oz package of potato gnocchi is tossed with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and spinach in a light tomato basil sauce.
It’s a quick and easy meal that can be ready in just 7 minutes. Whether you enjoy it as a main course or alongside your favorite protein or green salad, this gnocchi is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Made with real cheese and free from artificial flavors, synthetic colors, and high fructose corn syrup, it’s a vegetarian option that will please your taste buds.
- 16 oz package
- Potato gnocchi with tomato, mozzarella, and spinach
- Ready in 7 minutes
- Contains wheat and milk
- Quick and easy to prepare in the microwave
- Tasty and flavorful
- Can be modified to personal taste
- Can be used as a base for adding more vegetables or protein
- Affordable price
- Suggestions for improvement include adding more garlic or other seasonings
- Some customers recommend adding extra veggies or protein
- Adding Italian sausage coins or fresh garlic for extra flavor may enhance the dish even more
5. Whole Foods Market Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi
Whole Foods Market offers the best gnocchi with their Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi. Made in Mongrassano, Italy, using a combination of durum wheat semolina and potato, these gnocchi have a soft, dense texture that’s authentic and delicious.
They’re ready in just 5-7 minutes, making them a convenient option for a quick and tasty meal.
The gnocchi come without any added sugar, appealing to those who are mindful of their sugar intake. Customers have praised the taste and texture of the gnocchi, particularly enjoying the Quattro Formaggi (cheese sauce) flavor. Some recommend pan-frying the gnocchi before adding the sauce for an extra crispy texture.
However, there have been mixed reviews regarding the cheese sauce, with some finding it runny or not to their liking. Some customers have also experienced a strong smell while cooking the gnocchi.
Overall, Whole Foods Market Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi is a top choice for store-bought gnocchi.
- Made in Mongrassano, Italy
- Made with durum wheat semolina and potato
- Ready in 5-7 minutes
- No sugar added
- Authentic and delicious taste
- Convenient and quick to prepare
- Range of innovative flavors
- Mixed reviews on the cheese sauce
- Some customers experienced a strong smell while cooking
4. Whole Foods Market Cauliflower Gnocchi
For the best gnocchi option, look no further than Whole Foods Market’s Cauliflower Gnocchi. Made with a blend of cauliflower puree, potato, and rice flour, this gnocchi offers a subtle flavor alternative to traditional options.
Crafted in an Italian pastificio committed to making high-quality pastas, these gnocchi are ready in minutes whether sauteed or boiled. The shape and texture pair well with light pomodoro and piccata sauces, creating a delicious and satisfying meal.
Plus, it’s a gluten-free option, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions. Whole Foods Market products meet rigorous quality standards, ensuring that you’re getting a premium product at an affordable price.
- Made with cauliflower puree, potato, and rice flour
- Crafted in an Italian pastificio
- Gluten-free option
- Subtle flavor alternative to traditional gnocchi
- Ready in minutes when sauteed or boiled
- Pairs well with light sauces
- Gluten-free option for those with dietary restrictions
- Meets rigorous quality standards
- Some customers found the flavor too sweet or unexpected
- May require experimentation with cooking methods and additional ingredients for optimal taste
3. Whole Foods Market Gnocchi alla Sorrentina
The Gnocchi alla Sorrentina from Whole Foods Market is a top choice. Made in Mongrassano, Italy, this vegetarian option is crafted with a combination of durum wheat semolina and potato.
The gnocchi has a soft and dense texture, which is characteristic of this traditional Italian dish. It can be enjoyed as a first course and pairs well with a fresh green salad and steamed vegetables.
Customers have praised the delicious taste and quick cooking time of this product. However, some have found the basil flavor to be overwhelming or the sauce lacking in flavor.
Overall, the Gnocchi alla Sorrentina offers a convenient and flavorful option for those looking for a satisfying meal.
- Brand: Whole Foods Market
- Origin: Mongrassano, Italy
- Ingredients: Durum wheat semolina, potato
- Certification: Vegetarian
- Cooking Time: 5-7 minutes
- Delicious taste
- Quick to cook
- Good value for money
- Soft and dense texture
- Overwhelming basil flavor for some
- Sauce may lack flavor
- Portion size may be small for some
2. Sanniti Italian Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi
If you’re looking for the great store-bought option, Sanniti Italian Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi is a fantastic option.
Made without wheat and suitable for gluten-free diets, this 17.5 oz (500 g) pack of 4 gnocchi offers a delicious alternative for those with dietary restrictions.
The ingredients include rehydrated potatoes, corn flour, potato starch, corn starch, rice flour, salt, acidity regulator, preservative, and turmeric.
The gnocchi has a ridged texture, allowing it to grip onto sauces better. Made in Italy, it can be enjoyed with various pasta sauces or used in Italian soup recipes.
- 17.5 oz (500 g) pack of 4
- Made without wheat, suitable for gluten-free diets
- Ridged texture for better sauce grip
- Made in Italy
- Delicious taste and texture, comparable to non-gluten-free gnocchi
- Versatile, can be served with a variety of sauces or eaten plain
- Convenient shelf-stable packaging, can be frozen and thawed without issue
- Some customers mentioned a slight bitterness, but still enjoyable
- Limited availability in certain areas
- May not be suitable for those with allergies to the listed ingredients.
1. DeLallo Traditional Italian Potato Gnocchi
You’ll love the taste and quality of DeLallo Traditional Italian Potato Gnocchi, the best store-bought option for authentic and delicious gnocchi.
Made with over 85% potato, these gnocchi have a light and airy texture that melts in your mouth. The savory flavor brings the rich tradition of Northern Italy to every bite.
Whether you sauté them with butter and sage, dress them with olive oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano, toss them with basil pesto, or pair them with a meat ragú, you’ll be delighted by the light, pillowy texture and rich potato flavor.
Plus, they’re produced in an egg and nut-free facility, making them suitable for those with allergies.
- Made with 85% potato
- Light and airy texture
- Made in Italy
- Produced in an egg and nut-free facility
- Kosher, lactose-free, soy-free, egg-free, and non-GMO
- Authentic and delicious taste
- Versatile and easy to cook
- Can be paired with different sauces and proteins
- Positive customer feedback on taste and texture
- Some customers find the price expensive
- May not satisfy those looking for a different texture
- Some customers find it less satisfying in soup dishes
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze store-bought gnocchi?
Sure, you can freeze store-bought gnocchi. The best way to freeze it is to spread the gnocchi on a baking sheet and freeze them individually. When you’re ready to use them, simply thaw them in the fridge overnight. Freezing is better than refrigerating to maintain freshness.
Are store-bought gnocchi gluten-free?
Store-bought gnocchi can be gluten-free, but it depends on the brand. Check the label for ingredients and allergen information. Some brands offer vegan options. To enhance the flavor, try adding herbs, garlic, or Parmesan cheese. Homemade gnocchi may have a softer texture. Cook store-bought gnocchi according to package instructions for best results.
How long can I store store-bought gnocchi in the refrigerator?
You can keep store-bought gnocchi fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. To ensure its quality, store it in an airtight container and check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.
Can I use store-bought gnocchi in recipes other than traditional Italian dishes?
You can get creative with store-bought gnocchi! It’s not just for traditional Italian dishes. Incorporate it into international cuisine, use it as a substitute for other ingredients, or try it in fusion and vegetarian recipes.
Are there any specific cooking techniques I should follow when preparing store-bought gnocchi?
When preparing store-bought gnocchi, follow specific cooking techniques to enhance its flavor and texture. Experiment with different sauce pairings and serving suggestions to elevate your dish. Achieve culinary perfection by mastering the art of cooking store-bought gnocchi.
In a symphony of flavors, the best store-bought gnocchi dances on your palate, effortlessly blending tradition and convenience.
Its pillowy texture, tender and delicate, transports you to the cobblestone streets of Italy.
With each bite, the harmonious balance of potato and flour sings in perfect unison, leaving you craving more.
This culinary gem, meticulously crafted with expertise and passion, ensures that gourmet dining can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.